Friday, November 16, 2007

Pet Peeves - Misleading Facebook ID Photos



This might be a bit controversial, but is it just me, or is it really annoying when people use photos of people (or pets) other than themselves as their Facebook ID picture?

I mean, I can understand why people do it. Your Facebook profile picture is quite prominent, so you might like to put up a photo of something really important to you -- your children, a pet, Britney Spears.

But it's really confusing for the rest of us, particularly when you're trying to find someone who you've not seen in a while that has a common name.

What's even more confusing is when there's more than one person in the same picture with no way of telling which person is the owner of the Facebook profile.

Just something I had to get off my chest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes i find that annoying too. How could they.

Dan

Mark said...

Oh good. Well i'm glad that its not just me. I was worried I might seem a tad crazy.

Erk said...

Kram, I don't have Facebook. I use Myspace even though I'm not a teenage girl. :P


Anyhoo, it is frustrating when not only do people put pics of animals and other objects as their Myspace photo. After all, how many Homer Simpsons are there on Myspace?


Another one is when there are two people in the photo and you have to guess who the person is. That would be like having a photo of Ganesha and you (did you see what I did there? LOL) on your personal profile and wondering which guy Kram is.

Erk said...

Forgot to mention that there is now a cool feature of Myspace that allows you to show people who is who in a photo in your gallery. Of course, these people have to be on Myspace themselves.


So if two mates of mine are in a photo, I can highlight them and then tell Myspace who they are and then it tells people who is who. Then you can go to their profile.


Tom the Myspace Guy (TTMSG) has kept that one quiet!