Thursday, January 31, 2008

And the academy award for best medicine in a leading role goes to...


They say that laughter is the best medicine. And don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of laughter. But I still think that, even after all these years, the front runner for the category of 'best medicine in a leading role' has got to be the humble antibiotic.

I'm personally indebted to antibiotics this week for swiftly rescuing me from what felt like deaths door.

Three cheers for Flemming!

What else should be nominated for best medicine? and what should the selection criteria be?

P.S. More posts in the days to come, now that I'm on the mend.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend, sad to hear you were sick at all.

The thing that amazes me with penicillin is that it is lethal to guinea pigs, so, if comprehensive animal testing had been done, the product would never have been released for human use.

Mark said...

Wow! I did not know that!

The Dad Diaries said...

I think the natural medicines are the best. Dope has been given a bad wrap thanks to those damn hippies.

Erk said...

You didn't get sick from Subway, did you? :P


Glad to hear you are back on track!

Mark said...

That must of been it...bloody subway...all of those 'unnatural' decisions i had to make misaligned my chi