Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Arbitary Calendar Reset Day

I'm a real scrooge when it comes to New Years. I find it completely underwhelming.

Just to annoy everyone, I make a point of going to bed extra early on NYE to make sure that I'm definitely asleep at midnight. That'll show em!

And no, I don't do new years resolutions either. If something is important enough to be made into a resolution, then its important enough to start doing the moment you think of it. Why wait for new years?

Interestingly, the Cancer Council here in Australia has recently come out and said that New Years is one of the worst dates to choose to try to quit smoking. With all the parties and drinking and stress of this time of year, the temptation to smoke is likely to be at its greatest.

Ok, that's enough from me for this year... I'll get back to wetting these here blankets (grumble grumble). See you in '08.

1 comment:

Erk said...

Happy New Calendar Day for the other day, Kram! It is only for the calendar, fireworks and alcohol companies this "New Years" caper, init? How long has this been going on? :P